Other brands either block too little or too much blue light which can damage your health. BLUblox blocks only the damaging wavelengths of blue and green light and allows beneficial light through. Rest assured that with BLUblox you have a safe and effective lens built around science, whatever your needs.
Secondly, we use only the most on trend and fashionable frames for our lenses. No ugly safety glasses can be found here. Our frames are designed in Australia and lenses designed and manufactured in Australia meaning quality and durability is ensured in each pair. Our glasses are premium in terms of quality and effectiveness so do not settle for cheap knock offs that can damage your health and waste your money.
Finally, BLUblox shows its lens reports for each lens on our website. Located under each individual product. No other company will show you their lens reports as they have something to hide, we do not and are happy to share these with you.
1. BLUblox glasses are made under world class optics laboratory conditions, not mass produced in a factory overseas. This gives them unrivalled optical grade quality
2. BLUblox technology that is custom made, targeting the exact frequencies of light the academic literate states we should filter. Cheaper pairs do not target specific wavelengths of light and either block too little or too much of the wrong kind of light, making them suboptimal.
3. BLUblox frames use the highest grade materials available which gives them the perfect fit and comfort when wearing them. Cheaper pairs will use low quality acetate which will feel heavier and comfortable when you wear them.
Sleep+ - Our red lens that aligns with the peer reviewed academic literature and blocks 100% of blue and green light from 400nm to 550nm. They are optimally worn 2-3 hours before bed. Expect great results after just one evening’s use
SummerGlo – Our yellow tinted glasses are for daytime use for people with a light sensitivity. They block out cortisol raising blue light between 400nn to 450nm whilst leaving beneficial blue light in tacked for alertness and mental cognition. Managing blue light during the day may regulate your hormones and the infused colour therapy will provide a mood boost if you’re feeling low.
BluLite – Our computer glasses filter down blue light across the 400nm to 495nm range. By wearing these lenses whilst working on your computer you will experience less digital eyestrain, dry eyes and headaches.
More information can be found by visiting out lens colour guide.
Prescription glasses can be single or multifocal options and are made in our optics lab.
For readers, you easily select your magnification between +0.25 to +4.00 at the checkout once you have chosen your frames and lens colour. We offer readers in +0.25 increments.
1. We recommend firstly figuring out which frames will be best suited for your head shape, click here for our Face Shape Guide
2. Now, you can make sure the frames measure up to the size you are after, this can be done using our size guide
We have also just launched a Virtual Try-On! This allows you to try each frame using the camera on your device. This can be found in the bottom corner of the website, and is a small blue icon.
Our favourite picks:
- For a small face size choose Denver or Echo
- For a medium face size choose Parker or Tortoise Shell
- For a large face size choose Smith or Maverick
If you BLUblox arrive and do not fit you correctly your local optometrist can easily adjust them to fit you perfectly. They do this either for free or for a nominal fee. However, you can exchange as many times as you like until you get the perfect fit.
SummerGlo – to be worn indoors during the day when exposed to artificial lighting or when you suffer from depression, anxiety or S.A.D
Sleep+ - to be worn two to three hours before bed
Once you have placed your order you will receive an order confirmation email, this will have your order number listed. Our team will then prepare your order, this can take up to 2 business days if Non-Prescription or non-glasses related products and 5-10 business days if Reading Glasses, Prescription or Custom Frames. Once your glasses are ready and have been shipped you will receive a further email to advise your tracking number.
International orders are fulfilled by either DHL eCommerce or DHL Express door to door. DHL eCommerce is our free shipping method with DHL Express being the paid option for customers who would like to receive their BLUblox products sooner.
You will be provided with a tracking number once your order has been shipped which is trackable via the link we will email you.
International orders via DHL eCommerce take between 6-9 business days to arrive on average.
International Orders via DHL Express take between 3-5 business days to arrive on average.
These numbers provided are estimates only and shipping times may vary for a multitude of reasons, but are accurate 99% of the time.
If you have chosen to have your BLUblox shipped to a PO Box outside of Australia or the Middle East your order will be fulfilled using DHL eCommerce regardless of shipping method selected. Your tracking number will be available for you to track your parcel as normal.
Australian orders are fulfilled via Express Australia Post or Standard Australia Post. Express Australia Post will be delivered within 2-4 business days. Standard Australia Post will be delivered within 5-8 business days. These numbers provided are estimates only and shipping times may vary for a multitude of reasons, but are accurate 99% of the time.
The cost of International shipping is FREE on orders over AU$100 for most countries. Some areas deemed remote by DHL will incur a nominal shipping charge which will be clearly outlined at checkout. We collect duties and taxes at checkout (where applicable) which will be added to your total cost of your order and clearly outlined and broken down for you at checkout.
If you want your BLUblox sooner and live outside Australia you can pay for the DHL Express service which will see faster delivery times. The price for this service starts at AUD$14.99 per parcel.
We offer FREE shipping Australia wide over AU$50. Free shipping for these orders is automatically applied during the checkout process and are shipped via Standard Australia Post.
To get your BLUblox even sooner, we also ship with Express Australia Post for an additional AUD$9.99. This needs to be selected at checkout before placing order and can not be added after order is placed.
Full priced items can be returned within 30 days of delivery for an exchange or refund.
Any items that are on sale in or outside or a major sale period stated below are only eligible for exchanges and not refunds.
Prescription and reading glasses are custom made and therefore non-refundable or returnable unless they arrive faulty, broken or with an incorrect script.
Unlike many companies BLUblox is delighted to offer exchanges during major sale periods. We do not permit refunds or credit notes on items bought during sale periods. Major sale periods include but are not limited to: Black Friday/Cyber Monday (20th November 2020 to 2nd December 2020), Christmas Sale (3rd December 2020 to 25th December 2020) Boxing Day (26th December 2020 to 2nd January 2021) and End of Financial Year (16th June 2021 to 1st July 2021).
To start your Return visit www.returns.blublox.com
Your right to exchange or return is subject to the following conditions:
- Returns and exchanges are only for non-prescription BLUblox frames. This is in relations to us not accepting returns for prescription and reading glasses.
- For hygiene reasons we cannot accept returns and exchanges on our REMedy Sleep Mask so please consider this before purchasing this item.
- You can return Lumi bulbs for a refund or exchange. If you opt to exchange your Lumi Light bulb then return shipping back out to you with your replacement bulb will be at your cost.
- You must contact us and return the item within 30 days of receipt of your purchases.
- The product is in new and resalable condition. If your product is not deemed by BLUblox to be in a resalable condition then the following fees may be applicable: Cleaning fee A$10, damaged or missing box A$10, missing or damage carry pouch A$5, missing or damaged cleaning cloth A$5. BLUblox has the final say on whether your glasses are resaleable and a refund provided based on the above factors.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs to return or exchange your pair of glasses to us.
- If exchanging your glasses for another pair, we will pay for the new pair to be shipped to you. Whilst you can exchange as many times as you like, we will only pay for additional postage for the exchange to be shipped to you for the first exchange.
- If you request a refund, it will be credited to the same account as the account from which the original payment was made.
- All returns or replacement products/parts are shipped out using Australia Post and not DHL Express, shipping times will vary per destination on these types of orders.
Duties and taxes are applicable in some countries when shipping from Australia. Effective 3rd December 2020, BLUblox collects all duties and taxes applicable on all orders at checkout. BLUblox then pays your country's duties and taxes at source, meaning you do not have to deal with customs directly. Any additional charges outside of import duties and taxes are the sole responsibility of the customer.
A selection of our products can be found on Amazon UK and Amazon USA and items purchased from these platforms are shipped from the UK and USA respectively.
REMedy Sleep Mask
Lumi Light Bulbs
BLUblox has also created Lumi to match their signature Sleep+ and SummerGlo lenses, blocking the circadian disrupting light frequencies whilst allowing the beneficial ones through.
BLUblox guarantees that all bad wavelengths of light are blocked and only the beneficial light emitted.
Smart bulbs which can change colour by using WIFI or Bluetooth can also damage your health. WIFI and Bluetooth are non-native EMFs which can dehydrate cells and cause cell mutations. EMFs are bad for your health and should be minimised, this is why we can reduce down the EMF level in our bulbs. Also, smart bulbs also emit some blue light even when on the darkest red setting.
After sunset our ancestors would not have seen higher lux light from above (Moon and star light does not disrupt circadian rhythms due to low lux), only from ground up or eye level. Therefore, Lumi Sleep+ is better used in lamps rather than overhead light fixtures and fittings.